The application process for the programs involves a competitive element. VUM has an early admission procedure for the period between March 1 and May 31, This allows you to apply before you have graduated from high school. If you fulfill the requirements, you will be enrolled conditionally. By August 31, you must submit a higher education diploma and (Bulgarian citizens only) a matura certificate, if it is required by the law.
The application procedure is as follows:
1. Applicants sit for an English language entrance exam. It takes place at VUM. Holders of official US or British exams of English as a foreign language need not sit for the VUM language exam but must provide a copy of their certificate.
2. Applicants write an essay entitled "Why I chose to study Business Administration" (or another major offered by VUM) or write an essay on a similar topic.
3. Applicants submit all required documents
1. At VUM
Applicants need to register by telephone, e-mail, or in person for a particular date.
The exam lasts 150 minutes and consists of two parts; an English language test and an essay. The exam is free of charge. Late-comers will not be allowed to enter the exam room. Cell phones must be switched off during the exam. Candidates must bring identification documents and a pen. Candidates are allowed to sit for the exam more than one time. The exam results are sent to the candidates by e-mail.
2. Official English language exams
Applicants who have taken one of the following exams need not take the IUC English language exam:
|Cambridge Advanced Certificate||A,B,C|
Applicants who hold certificates from one of these exams still need to write an English language essay.
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
Besides, before the beginning of the school year, applicants must submit a copy of their higher school diplomas (an original or a copy certified by a notary public). Bulgarian applicants must also submit matura certificates if that is required by the law. Certificates issued abroad must be legalized at the Ministry of Education.
Required documents for applying of student’s visa According to the Decree PMS № 79 from 9.05.2000, State Gazette, # 40 from 16.05.2000, #78 from 7.09.2004, # 47 from 7.06.2005, 6/2000,pp. 55; and 10/2004 pp. 152 p. 4, р. 2, № 322
1. Application form - you can find it in English language HERE
2. Copy of the Diploma (degree) for completed secondary education, including the Academic transcript with the marks. The copy must be authenticated
3. Document/Letter from the Ministry of education, or another competent authority, in the country of citizenship of the candidate or in the country where that education was done, that his/her diploma for secondary education gives him/her the right to continue the education in a university in the country where the document has been issued. This document also has to be authenticated
4. Medical certificate issued within one month from the date of application and authenticated by the authorized authorities. It has to be authorized
5. Four colour passport size photos of the candidate.